No matter the time of day, we care about your pet’s wellbeing! During open hours, our clinic is available to help at any time. During after-hours, there is always an on-call veterinarian ready to assist you. If you feel your pet requires urgent medical attention, please do not hesitate to call or visit us. The emergency may not be life-threatening, however, your pet may need to be seen prior to an open appointment time. For your pet’s health and safety, we will fit you in between scheduled appointments.
In the case of an emergency, please call us at (815) 476-9500 or simply come in. If possible, we ask that you call us prior so we can advise you on your pet’s particular emergency.
The following are symptoms that could potentially be serious and warrant immediate consultation with a veterinarian if your pet:
- Is having difficulty breathing
- Is having irregular or bloody bowel movements
- Is vomiting (especially with blood)
- Is having trouble urinating or is vocalizing while urinating
- Is bleeding excessively
- Is acting erratically or biting at imaginary objects
- Is having a seizure or loss of balance
- Has suffered heatstroke or severe dehydration
- Is visibly in pain or panting heavily
- Has had diarrhea for more than 24 hours straight
- Has eaten/swallowed a foreign object(s)
- Has eaten/swallowed a poisonous substance
- Has suffered serious trauma or injury
- Seems to have lost its sight (sudden blindness)
- Is unconscious
- Has a swollen abdomen that appears painful when touched
- Is experience unusual swelling
- Is pregnant and having difficulty delivering puppies or kittens
Or anything else that is unusual or worrisome to you!